Jose Morales has been a parking and mobility industry member for over 7 years. He currently leads the Construction division at Flash. Prior to joining Flash, Jose was with Stanley Black & Decker where he marketed DEWALT power tools and fasteners to general contractors in South Florida. He brings his understanding of the construction trades along with his experience as a former parking operator to the projects his team consults. His department's goal is to realize the owner’s operational goals of the project through design. This includes partnering with architects, consultants, developers, and general contractors. His formal education includes a bachelor’s in Urban Planning from Arizona State University and a Master’s of Business Administration from the University of Miami. In 2023, he joined the IPMI Planning and Design Committee.
Jose Morales’s Session(s):
10:30 am–11:30 am | Thu, June 29, 2023
EV Building Blocks: Planning, Design, & Construction Considerations for EVSE Implementation in Parking Facilities
Planning for the installation or upgrade of electric vehicle charging infrastructure is both complex and comprehensive regardless of location. Planning new or enhanced EVCS in a structured parking facility adds yet another layer of detail and expertise from planners, engineers, architects, and construction experts. Starting with a facility assessment of current electrical capacity, through selecting charging speed and anticipating future demand and electrical capacity – owners and operators have a great variety of considerations that are impacted greatly by location, structure type, and more. Join this session with experts from the International Parking & Mobility Institute’s (IPMI) Planning, Design, and Construction Committee to assess these considerations, make informed and strategic decisions, and apply best practices for EVCS deployment in structured parking.
- Understand planning, design, and construction considerations specific to installing EVSE in structured parking facilities.
- Explore the critical role of EV-readiness facility assessment to review needs, and considerations, including the electrical load, capacity, and proposed level of EVSE.
- Match infrastructure needs and output to the patrons' expectations and experience.
- Learn how to assess whether to continue with existing infrastructure at a decided level of charging or to add capacity.
- Discuss adaptive load management (ALM) and its impact to your operations.