Planning for the installation or upgrade of electric vehicle charging infrastructure is both complex and comprehensive regardless of location. Planning new or enhanced EVCS in a structured parking facility adds yet another layer of detail and expertise from planners, engineers, architects, and construction experts. Starting with a facility assessment of current electrical capacity, through selecting charging speed and anticipating future demand and electrical capacity – owners and operators have a great variety of considerations that are impacted greatly by location, structure type, and more. Join this session with experts from the International Parking & Mobility Institute’s (IPMI) Planning, Design, and Construction Committee to assess these considerations, make informed and strategic decisions, and apply best practices for EVCS deployment in structured parking.
- Understand planning, design, and construction considerations specific to installing EVSE in structured parking facilities.
- Explore the critical role of EV-readiness facility assessment to review needs, and considerations, including the electrical load, capacity, and proposed level of EVSE.
- Match infrastructure needs and output to the patrons' expectations and experience.
- Learn how to assess whether to continue with existing infrastructure at a decided level of charging or to add capacity.
- Discuss adaptive load management (ALM) and its impact to your operations.