Bill Combs is Vice President of Sustainability at Penske. He leads the organization’s environmental sustainability strategy and initiatives across its automotive, transportation and motorsports business units. In his role, Combs focuses on scaling, monitoring and advancing the organization’s sustainability efforts by collaborating with established teams in key strategic areas. His overall goal is to contribute to a healthy environment in the communities wherever Penske operates around the world.
Combs has been with the Penske organization since 2011. Prior to leading Penske’s sustainability efforts, he worked on marketing strategy, vehicle connectivity, electrification, and other emerging technologies for Penske Transportation Solutions.
Bill Combs’s Session(s):
2:00 pm–3:00 pm | Thu, March 30, 2023
Smooth the transition of your fleet by identifying which vehicles are best suited for your organization and the job, followed by an understanding of the requirement for each vehicle to outline the building blocks for a successful transition. The following topics will be covered: maintenance of an electric fleet, training employees, route considerations, installing charging infrastructure, and more. Join this session to:
- Grasp the importance of cultivating strong partnerships with suppliers, OEMs, vehicle leasing, and fleet management companies
- Measure current operations, electricity usage, and performance
- Organize recharging schedules appropriately and make use of smart charging to curb costs
- Manage maintenance, costs, and operations through side-by-side comparisons
- Equip your staff with the proper skills and training to support an electrified fleet