Ben Revette, P.E.Associate Vice President - Business Unit Manager
Dewberry Engineers Inc.
Ben, a highly experienced engineer with 23 years of experience, leads Dewberry's national electrical vehicle (EV) engineering team. He possesses extensive knowledge in various aspects of EV design and construction, including electrical systems, power distribution, permitting, and civil/structural engineering. In addition to his engineering expertise, Ben serves as the regional quality advocate, ensuring the implementation of Dewberry's Quality Management System (QMS). This system adheres to the ISO 9001:2015 standards and principles, allowing flexibility and scalability in the fast-paced industry. Ben holds a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary engineering and management from Clarkson University and is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Ben Revette, P.E.’s Session(s):
1:05 pm–2:05 pm | Thu, March 21, 2024
Installing EV charging stations at your residential, commercial, or municipal site can be an incredible opportunity to increase cash flow and reap numerous value-creation opportunities. However, not every site is shovel-ready. New installations require careful planning, permitting, and design. This session will dive into site analysis, security requirements, infrastructure planning, power requirements, environmental integration, and installation.
Join us for this fundamental session to learn:
- Evaluating your site and assessing charging types for capacity needs
- How to coordinate early with the local utilities to verify power demarcation and pathways to the charger locations
- Guiding principles for site selection, feasibility, and design decisions for your region
- Proactive subsurface damage prevention measures
- Assessing population, density factors, and local income rates that could impact your site