Al CurtisDirector Fleet Management
Cobb County of Georgia | NAFA | Black Fleet Network
Al Curtis, Fleet Services Director for Cobb County and Public Fleet Hall of Fame Inductee, has over 29 years of experience in the fleet service industry and has served in both the public and private sectors. Al manages over 2,500 assets for Cobb County’s diverse fleet of vehicles.
Al has made significant sustainability improvements within the Fleet. Under his leadership, the County has added 70 electric vehicles, 60 charging stations, 132 hybrids, 4 electric motorcycles 22 Bi-fueled propane trucks, and 2 propane fueling locations. To help usher in electrification we implemented a no-charge employee charging program and the Ask-The-Fleet-EV-Expert program. These smart vehicle choices and many strategic partnerships have saved the County over $500,000 and have aided in our sustainability efforts to reduce the negative impact of greenhouse gas emissions in our County.
Check out Cobb County's 'Ask the EV Expert' videos on youtube.
Cobb County Fleet has been consistently recognized and awarded by many of the top Fleet media outlets and Best Practices Organizations such as: Government Fleet Magazine, Work Truck Magazine, Department of Energy, EPA, 100 Best Fleets in North America, Green Fleet North America, and National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA).
Cobb County Fleet Management is committed to utilizing new and innovative practices and technology to aid in our sustainability efforts. We will continue demonstrating our commitment to environmental stewardship as we work towards a more sustainable future.
- Received a 150,000 grant to install a solar array/w battery back-up power for critical infrastructure working with Hana Solar
- Ranked in the top 50 Leading Fleet Government Fleet Magazine March 31, 2022
- Green Fleet Award ranked #16 in North America August 2022
- 100 Best Fleet in North America 2022 - Ranked 6th
- National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) Green Garage Contest ranked #10 in North America December 2021
- Fleet deployed the first Electric Prisoner Transport Van in the County
- Southeastern Fleet Management Association 2022 Invocative Fleet Award- Ranked #1 2022
- Fleet received Certifications from The American Lung Association Biobased Academy
- Elected to the Veterans for Electric Vehicle Steering Committee
Al Curtis’s Session(s):
10:35 am–11:20 am | Thu, March 21, 2024