Microgrids and DERs are vital in electric vehicle charging infrastructure, providing the clean, reliable power needed to charge EVs. In addition, microgrids can help to optimize the charging process by managing when and how much power is delivered to each EV. This workshop will dive into everything you should know about the benefits of microgrids, considerations for installing microgrids at your location, and how to work through some of the challenges you might face while integrating microgrids into your facility.
Key takeaways include:
- Up-front costs you’ll need to be aware of when building a microgrid
- Technical challenges like grid integration and interoperability and how to work through them
- Examples of DERs and what might work best for your needs
- How microgrids can improve resilience and ensure reliability for your charging stations
- Leveraging battery storage to minimize peak power usage