Michael YoungManaging Partner
Tale Venture Partners
Michael Young is the founder and Managing Partner of Tale Venture Partners, an early-stage venture capital firm that helps founders build strong cultures strategically and intentionally. As the head of Tale VP, Michael invests in pre-seed to series A companies led by founders from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds in tech, and he is a mentor for a number of startup accelerators, including The Dream Climate Tech Launchpad, Climate Change for Migrants and Communities of Color and Google For Startups Accelerator. He is also a co-manager for the Black and Latino Seed Fund for the state of New Jersey. Michael has been in the technology industry for nearly 15 years in varying capacities, including building, consulting, and investing in technology companies, from startups to large Fortune 50 organizations.
Michael Young’s Session(s):
1:45 pm–2:15 pm | Fri, March 22, 2024
Growing an EV Charging Company: Founder, HR Leader, and Venture Capitalist Discuss Strategic Planning
In this panel, experts in various roles will weigh in on the role of strategic planning when it comes to growing an EV charging company.
- Each speaker’s approach to strategic planning, including internal and external factors that impact it
- Examples of challenging real-time adjustments against a strategic plan
- How organizational structures change throughout growth
- The intersection of recruitment and organizational planning
- How companies can incorporate a DEI plan into hiring and training
- Where companies fail at strategic planning and pitfalls to avoid